Steven Martyn, B.F.A.hon., M.A., has a wide range of skills and education, as well as a depth of experience in presenting to and working with people, to connect them back with the land and Her ecology. Please contact us if you’re interested in arranging for a Land Use Consultation or Speaking Engagement with Steven.
As a speaker and facilitator, Steven has worked with community groups, public schools, colleges and universities, horticultural societies, conferences and private businesses looking to develop new product lines. He has done workshops and presentations far and wide, including Central America, the U.S. and Canada.
Steven is an effective and engaging speaker and workshop facilitator. A wellspring of knowledge, he is passionate about plants and ecology and shares his energetic connection with his audiences.
Topics for workshops may include:
- Bioregional building (using local materials to build with)
- Food storage, preservation, fermentation
- Foraging for wild food
- Foraging for wild medicine
- Forest Gardening
- Greenhouse construction
- Greenhouse growing—herbs, veggies and tropicals
- Growing herbs
- Herbal teas
- Herbal medicines
- Herbal creams and salves
- Intuitive healing with herbs
- Lucid dreaming with herbs
- Organic no-till gardens
- Outdoor mushroom growing with logs
- Seeds—producing, starting and saving
- Sacred gardening
- Sustainable/green businesses
- Traditional wilderness skills (foraging, shelter making, fire starting)